Thursday, January 9, 2014

Super MARIAH Party: The Hats

Okay so the characters will be Toad & Bowser as helpers/hosts and Yoshi (Me!), Birdo, Mario and Luigi as the contestants.

Instead of making elaborate costumes or buying some that would cost too much for a one day extravaganza, I decided just to make/buy everyone hats, then let them where what they think is appropriate for their character. Mario and Luigi were easy, just went to Party City and bought a red and green cap, printed out the logos and stapled them onto the hats. Yoshi I bought off ebay (which I'm still waiting to be delivered, so if it doesn't come in time there may be a last minute yoshi hat creation in my future). Toad I had to also buy, which I'm glad I did because the Toad hat is kind of awesome. It's big, fluffy and adorbs. The Birdo and Bowser hats were the real bitches. I thought about making a Birdo hat but wanted Mariah to have something cooler, and I couldn't really think of a great way of going about it in a timely/cost-efficient manner, so I googled the shit out of "Birdo hats" until I found one. I mean there was some weird shit out there...
like... no. just no.

But then I stumbled upon an awesome site where this lady actually sells knitted Birdo hats. I ordered it right after the holidays and wanted to make sure I would have it by 1/12/14, the day of SUPER MARIAH PARTY! So I emailed the site owner and she has very nice and able to help me out, sending me the hat ASAP. CHECK OUT HER AWESOME BIRDO HATS HERE

Then the only one left is Bowser... fucking bowser. Again weird ass complicated shit exists out there on the webisphere for Bowser hats/costumes. I had all but given up when I saw a picture of my boyfriend and I had taken in a photobooth in which he is wearing a Viking hat. So I went for it... I got a viking hat at party city, along with an orange mohawk wig. Then hopped over to Home Depot and got some glue, green spray paint and some blue painting tape. I currently have paint and glue all over my hands, so I suggest if you're going to try this, BUY SOME GLOVES! Unfortunately, while my ideas are admittedly solid, I don't always think through the logistics of it all, especially when it involves cleaning.

BAM! A mothafuckin Bowser Hat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment